Elevator Constructor Mechanic (Yakima, WA)
TK Elevator Corporation — Düsseldorf, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany
What we expect
Responsible for the installation, maintenance and repair of the passenger and freight elevators, escalators, dumbwaiters and moving sidewalks.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Uses periods of high concentration and knowledge of elevator systems to manually assemble, install, maintain and update major elevator compo- nents including, for example, rails, pits and hoistway equipment, car and counterweight assemblies and machine and control equipment. Requires lifting up to 100 lbs.
- Manually wires, installs, maintains and updates elevator components including as an example roller guides, door track and linkages and hall buttons and lanterns.
- Requires color perception to distinguish color-coded wiring components.
- Monitors and analyzes the function of mechanical and electrical compo- nents as necessary to troubleshoot, adjust or repair the equipment.
- Performs duties of mechanic-in-charge including scheduling work, attending and orally participating in meetings and consulting with general contrac- tors, architects and owners.
- Performs preventative maintenance tasks including visually inspecting, manually cleaning and lubricating elevator systems and components in a non-controlled climate field set-tmg.
- Works in accordance with industry safety standards and monitors the safety habits and conditions of per- sonnel and equipment within the work environment.
- Monitors, directs and instructs assigned Apprentices on safety issues and proper craft procedures.
- Receives and answers all trouble calls and callbacks, at any time of
day/night and on weekends.
Who we are looking for
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma or GED required
- Requires the ability to understand general arithmetic, speak and write in a clear and understandable manner for internal/ external relations; understand difficult verbal or written instructions
- Successfully complete all required NEIEP courses and Mechanic examination knowledge ordinarily acquired through.
- Requires membership in the International Union of Elevator Constructors, IUEC. (IUEC.org)
- May be required to obtain and maintain license or certification in accordance with local codes.
- Requires a relatively high degree of concentration and attention intermittently to wire, install, maintain and update elevator components approximately 75% of the time.
- Requires the ability to perform administrative duties such as data gathering and submitting written reports.
- Requires walking or standing approximately 90% and sitting approximately 10% of the time on the job.
- Requires lifting up to l00lbs approximately 50% of the rime; involves repetitive stooping, forward bending and crouching approximately 70% of the time; involves travel up to 95% of the time.
Salary range is $112,000 to $125,000
TK Elevator is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, and veteran status or any other protected status required by applicable law.
Applicants with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation in connection with the application process are encouraged to email us directly at ElevatorJobs.ams@tkelevator or call 1-844-427-5461.
To apply to a position, please click on the Apply Now button.
For any additional questions or job specific requests, please use the contact
below and include the Job Requisition Number as a reference.
|Experience level:||Experienced professionals|
|Type of contract:||Permanent, Full-time|
|Work mode:||On Site|
|Job field:||Engineering and Site Operations|
|Industry:||Engineering & urban mobility|
Application deadline: as long as the job is listed on our career page, we are looking for suitable candidates (all genders welcome). We are looking forward to receiving your application.