Operations Manager- Service/Repair (Denver)
TK Elevator Corporation — Denver, Colorado, United States
What we expect
Responsible for successfully managing all service and repair operations to ensure that the department functions profitably and exceeds the annual budgetary plan.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Supervises superintendents and employees by providing direction and training, and communicating company policies, procedures and objectives. Includes hiring, and supervising performance management and progressive discipline.
- Administers company safety program. Includes performing safety audits on a weekly basis and stressing the importance of safety to all employees.
- Visits job sites and performs quality audits to ensure that repairs are being completed efficiently and in a cost effective manner. Expectation is for a manager to spend four hours a day in the field working with technicians and meeting with customers.
- Uses accounting reports and Map Point to review route management and callbacks. Includes making necessary changes to improve profitability.
- Provides technical input to sales staff on the scope of work and materials needed to bid repair work. Includes calculating labor and material costs.
- Monitors the three callbacks in 30 days program and take a lead in keeping cancellations under 3%.
- Works with Branch Manager and service and repair Sales Managers to address customers’ needs. Communicates daily with customers that have down cars.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of all federal, state and local elevator industry code requirements.
- Maintains strong familiarity of company products by attending company training classes, & reviewing factory equipment updates and supplier goods. Includes working with regional field trainers.
- Administer parts program for contract service and repair to meet budget expectations and customer satisfaction.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
Who we are looking for
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree (only to be substituted with extensive industry and management experience); or two years' experience managing on a branch departmental level; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Requires a valid driver’s license and a satisfactory Motor Vehicles Report.
- Thorough knowledge of the elevator industry and general management methods within the elevator industry
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form, and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
Salary range is $128,000 to $165,000. The role offers a company vehicle, fuel card, and a lucrative incentive program with a biannual payout. Benefits overview: health insurance, parental leave, wellness program, 401K, vacation pay, holiday pay, tuition assistance, free life insurance and disability insurance, among others.
TK Elevator is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, and veteran status or any other protected status required by applicable law.
Applicants with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation in connection with the application process are encouraged to email us directly at ElevatorJobs.ams@tkelevatoror call 1-844-427-5461.
To apply to a position, please click on the Apply Now button.
For any additional questions or job specific requests, please use the contact
below and include the Job Requisition Number as a reference.
|Type of contract:||Permanent, Full-time|
|Work mode:||On Site|
|Job field:||Overall Business Responsibility|
|Industry:||Engineering & urban mobility|
Application deadline: as long as the job is listed on our career page, we are looking for suitable candidates (all genders welcome). We are looking forward to receiving your application.