Production Supervisor (Middleton)
Middleton, Tennessee, USA — TK Elevator Corporation
Was wir erwarten
The first 3 letters in workplace safety are Y-O-U!
TK Elevator is seeking a Production Supervisor for our Middleton, TN facility.
This role is responsible for leading and directing the activities of the employees within a production department in compliance with company expectations, standards, processes and LEAN principles to maximize utilization of all employees and equipment
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Lead manufacturing SSQDC strategies to meet the performance expectations of business.
- Lead in the evaluation of increased production efficiency
- Provide work direction to the team as required to meet customer needs, both internal and external
- Plans and lead the work flow of the production department under the direction of the Production Manager
- Work with support groups to develop and administer systems, procedures and other support tools to assist in producing quality and cost-efficient products
- Lead Continuous Improvement processes within the team
- Champion effective employee relations within manufacturing by ensuring that employment practices and treatment are fair and consistent
- Lead the activities of hourly employees in the production department in compliance with company standards, products, processes and LEAN principles to ensure maximum utilization of personnel and equipment
- Identify and investigates product and process problems and takes necessary action to resolve
- Visually analyzes and audits standard work to ensure maximum efficiencies
- Lead root cause failure analysis for production area, making recommendations for mitigation and resolution and following through to implementation
- Lead, train, coach and engage production employees for safe, effective and efficient performance.
- Lead all efforts to remove constraints and barriers to efficient/productive team efforts
- Collaborate with functional areas to develop and maintain performance metrics, measurements, methods and targets
- Working with the Safety function to ensure a safe production environment to promote safety consciousness by modeling the way and investigates safety/health hazards and accidents and respond immediately to the needs and concerns of employees providing them with the tools and facilities required to perform their jobs properly
- Lead projects in a cross-functional team environment
- Serve as primary communication vehicle between leadership team and production employees
- With direction of the Production Manager, administers union contracts and other employee policies and procedures
- Maintain clean, orderly work areas according to 6S standards
- In coordination with Human Resources and the Production Manager, participate in hiring, employee performance management inclusive of performance reviews while holding individuals accountable to company policies and procedures and union contract administration
- Lead daily communication meetings with members of the department/area
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned
Wen wir suchen
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma, Technical School or Associate's Degree in a related field required; Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suites, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook required
- Strong knowledge of company products processes and lean principles to train and lead others required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of efficient and safe manufacturing operations to include product and associate safety, OSHA standards, product quality (success rates), throughput delivery and cost control (minimizing downtime and waste, optimizing yield)
- Experience in a union environment preferred
TK Elevator is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, and veteran status or any other protected status required by applicable law.
Applicants with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation in connection with the application process are encouraged to email us directly at ElevatorJobs.ams@tkelevator or call 1-844-427-5461.
To apply to a position, please click on the Apply Now button.
For any additional questions or job specific requests, please use the contact
below and include the Job Requisition Number as a reference.
|Einsatzbereich:||Produktion und Fertigung|
|Branche:||Maschinenbau und Urbane Mobilität|
Bewerbungsfrist: so lange die Stelle auf unserer Karriereseite aufgeführt ist, suchen wir nach passenden Kandidaten (m/w/d). Los geht’s, wir freuen uns auf Ihre Bewerbung.