Superintendent- New Installation (Seattle)
TK Elevator Corporation — Kirkland, Washington, United States
What we expect
The first 3 letters in workplace safety are Y-O-U!
TK Elevator is currently seeking an experienced Superintendent - New Installation in Seattle, WA.
Responsible for successfully managing all construction operations and projects so that jobs are completed timely and profitably and the branch continues to grow in volume and meets or exceeds the annual budgetary plan
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Supervises all construction and modernization field employees by providing direction and training, and communicating company policies, procedures and objectives. Includes hiring, and supervising performance management and progressive discipline
- Administers company safety program. Includes performing safety audits when necessary and stressing the importance of safety to all employees
- Plans, directs and prioritizes elevator installations and manpower needs; utilizes project management software and other scheduling tools
- Uses accounting reports and programs to review job status to identify risk and opportunity. This includes properly reporting fade issues prior to revenue
- Manages subcontractor schedule and performance on turn-key projects
- Develops and maintains strong working relationships with owner, contractors, elevator consultants, and architects
- Identifies, reviews and signs off on change orders, purchase orders, elevator turnover authorizations, accounts receivable, write-offs, credits and other necessary approvals
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of all federal, state and local elevator industry code requirements
- Maintains strong familiarity of company Standard Operating Procedures and products by attending company training classes, utilizing the SOP document library, and reviewing factory equipment updates and supplier goods; Interfaces with corporate departments, including the factory, coordination and labor, and consults with the Regional Operations Team
- Mediates and resolves complaints and problems of external and internal customers. Includes meeting with local business agents to resolve issues involving union employees
- Determines what materials need to be ordered for job completion, and coordinates and arranges for sub-contracting portions of installations
- Makes weekly crew visits and day one visits to manage safety, site activities and progress of employees and customer; documenting findings
- Performs other duties as may be assigned
Who we are looking for
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Thorough knowledge of the construction industry and general management skills; or general business knowledge normally acquired though a Bachelor’s degree; or two years’ experience managing on a branch departmental level; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to write reports, contract proposals and business correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management and customers
- Ability to define problems collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form, and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Salary range is $92,000 to $118,000. The role offers a company vehicle, fuel card, and a lucrative incentive program with a biannual payout. Benefits overview: health insurance, parental leave, wellness program, 401K, vacation pay, holiday pay, tuition assistance, free life insurance and disability insurance, among others.
TK Elevator is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, and veteran status or any other protected status required by applicable law.
Applicants with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation in connection with the application process are encouraged to email us directly at ElevatorJobs.ams@tkelevatoror call 1-844-427-5461.
To apply to a position, please click on the Apply Now button.
For any additional questions or job specific requests, please use the contact
below and include the Job Requisition Number as a reference.
|Experience level:||Experienced professionals|
|Type of contract:||Permanent, Full-time|
|Work mode:||On Site|
|Job field:||Engineering and Site Operations|
|Industry:||Engineering & urban mobility|
Application deadline: as long as the job is listed on our career page, we are looking for suitable candidates (all genders welcome). We are looking forward to receiving your application.