Electrical Engineer III- OSC
Atlanta, Georgia, United States — TK Elevator Corporation
What we expect
The first 3 letters in workplace safety are Y-O-U!
TK Elevator is currently seeking an experienced Electrical Engineer III in Atlanta, GA.
This role will provide expert judgment in design, develop, implement and analyze electrical components of the elevator systems including but not limited to control systems. The position focuses on highly complex technical issues and conducts advanced research to assist in development of electrical hardware requirements and hardware development which includes verification and validation activities of the product development life-cycle.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Designs electrical components and elevator systems.
- Develop physics-based simulation models for different elevator configurations.
- Develop and test advanced and unique control algorithms for traction and hydraulic elevators.
- Develop and document intellectual property for the company.
- Relies on experience and judgment with very limited instructions to plan and accomplish goals.
- Reports to executive or manager.
- Uses computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform assignments.
- Understands and uses the A17.1 elevator code as a basis for all designs.
- Utilizes a wide degree of creativity and latitude in performing the essential functions of the role.
- Reads requirements and specifications to fully understand the systems required for the components being used.
- Generates designs per the outlined requirements and specifications.
- Evaluates and produces designs for the manufacturing of hydraulic and traction elevators.
- Adheres to all safety procedures and company safety standards while working in the lab and test tower.
- Adheres to the corporate compliance policy and ensures that behavior in the workplace is that of a responsible professional.
- Contributes in a team environment.
- Leads and directs the work of others.
- Mentor and train Engineers I & II.
Who we are looking for
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering required.
- Advanced level degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering or equivalent professional knowledge required.
- 5+ years of related experience preferred.
- Comprehension of general electrical engineering concepts required.
- A deep understanding of motor drives control design, programming, and implementation.
- Experience in a lean manufacturing environment preferred.
- Substantial level of understanding of elevator systems and codes required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Demonstrated experience in using computer-assisted design software such as SolidWorks, AutoCAD, Blue Beam/Adobe Writer.
- Demonstrated experience with hands on technical wiring and assembly of mechanical equipment a plus.
- Demonstrated experience with the use of computer-assisted engineering tools and general knowledge of test equipment.
TK Elevator is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, and veteran status or any other protected status required by applicable law.
Applicants with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation in connection with the application process are encouraged to email us directly at ElevatorJobs.ams@tkelevator or call 1-844-427-5461.
To apply to a position, please click on the Apply Now button.
For any additional questions or job specific requests, please use the contact
below and include the Job Requisition Number as a reference.
|Type of contract:||Permanent, Full-time|
|Work mode:||On Site|
|Job field:||Engineering and Site Operations|
|Industry:||Engineering & urban mobility|
Application deadline: as long as the job is listed on our career page, we are looking for suitable candidates (all genders welcome). We are looking forward to receiving your application.