Field Operations Supervisor, New Installation | Ottawa & Kingston
TK Elevator Canada Ltd — Ottawa (CA), Kingston (CA)
TK Elevator is one of the world’s leading elevator companies with unique engineering capabilities. Our innovative, efficient and reliable vertical transportation systems have been moving people in Canada for nearly half a century. Our capabilities include high-quality, customer-focused service as well as individual maintenance and modernization packages. Our highly skilled technicians efficiently service a multi-brand portfolio consisting of more than 1.2 million units under maintenance. We’re reshaping the elevator industry and transforming cities into the best places to live.
What we expect
- Direct the field labour forces and support personnel in accordance with volume of sales to meet or exceed customer expectations for scheduling and execution of elevator work
- Plan, direct and coordinate employee assignments, visually monitor employee performance to ensure compliance with contractual obligations
- Ensure all employees comply with safety procedures as set out by company policy and provincial Health and Safety Act. Investigate any work-related accident/incident/near misses
- Conduct weekly job box meetings
- Oversee the job processes, providing technical or coordinating assistance as required. (Involves written and oral communication; involves manually preparing documentation incidental to departmental functions.)
- Work in coordination with property managers, designated managers, and owners to meet or exceed contractual obligations
- Participate in the recruiting and training of field and support personnel as required
- Assure the application of optimum workmanship and the development and maintaining of good working relationships between TKE and customers as necessary, administer provisions of the union agreement and related policies as they apply to operations and assigned personnel
- Direct the field labour force and support staff assigned to perform work ensuring maximum utilization of personnel and equipment with clear, straight forward direction and communication
- Ensure availability of materials, tools, equipment, power replacement parts, etc., incidental to operations
- Maintain current knowledge of all aspects of elevator technology
- Provide exceptional customer service and communication
- Take ownership of work-related issues
- Additional duties as assigned
Who we are looking for
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; inclusive of managerial/supervisory
- A technical background and/or recognized designation (Electrical/Mechanical) in a related discipline and/or a combination of proven field experience in elevator modernization or elevator new installation.
- Competent in the use of basic business software and hardware. A combination of experience and/or professional designations within the industry and a willingness to maintain and seek out required designations.
- A desire to learn, maintain and expand knowledge of all aspects of elevator technology. Experience with multi-tasking and prioritizing multiple projects and customers while managing multiple service routes and departmental functions
- Must be able to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
- Requires ability to read and interpret technical documents and specifications
- Requires demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills with all levels of employee and customer, internal and external
- Previous Superintendent/Manager experience preferred
- Requires demonstrated people leadership and project management skills
TK Elevator is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age and veteran status, or any other protected status required by applicable law.
|Experience level:||Experienced professionals|
|Type of contract:||Permanent, Full-time|
|Work mode:||On Site|
|Job field:||Engineering and Site Operations|
|Industry:||Engineering & urban mobility|
Application deadline: as long as the job is listed on our career page, we are looking for suitable candidates (all genders welcome). We are looking forward to receiving your application.