Mechanical Engineer II- OSC
Atlanta, Georgia, United States — TK Elevator Corporation
What we expect
The first 3 letters in workplace safety are Y-O-U!
TK Elevator is seeking a Mechanical Engineer II in Atlanta, GA
This role will design, analyze, and validate parts of or whole elevator systems. The position includes development of high-level product requirements and specifically focuses on product specification, layout design, and weight calculations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Design mechanical components of existing elevator systems
- Works under general supervision, relies on limited instructions and pre-established guidelines
- Uses computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform assignments
- Uses basic programming to configure elevator systems based on engineering documentation
- Documents elevator system application and design rules
- Understands and uses the A17.1 elevator code as a basis for all designs
- Maintain/develop department owned templates, calculation sheets, and reference documents
- Applies and develops application rules based on design intent and system limitations
- Reviews Engineering Change Orders for end-to-end system change requirements
- Works with component engineers to drive product requirements and sub-system space claims according to code and component limitations
- Works in team environment with product engineers, configurators, and representatives from sales and IT
- Adheres to all safety procedures and company safety standards while working in the lab and test tower
- Adheres to the corporate compliance policy and ensures that behavior in the workplace is that of a responsible professional
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned
Who we are looking for
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering required.
- 5+ years of design and drafting experience is required in an architectural, structural, or mechanical design environment
- Knowledge of hydraulic elevators and DigiPara Liftdesigner preferred
- Experience with Solidworks preferred.
- Strong knowledge of physics, motion dynamics, electromechanical engineering, and Elevator codes/regulations of product components.
- Requires the ability to read, interpret, and comprehend technical documents.
- Fluent in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Must be able to work with limited instruction from manager to meet project deadlines.
- Experience with 2D design and 3D CAD tools.
- Requires the ability to clearly communicate technical requirements.
TK Elevator is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, and veteran status or any other protected status required by applicable law.
Applicants with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation in connection with the application process are encouraged to email us directly at ElevatorJobs.ams@tkelevator or call 1-844-427-5461.
To apply to a position, please click on the Apply Now button.
For any additional questions or job specific requests, please use the contact
below and include the Job Requisition Number as a reference.
|Type of contract:||Permanent, Full-time|
|Work mode:||On Site|
|Job field:||Engineering and Site Operations|
|Industry:||Engineering & urban mobility|
Application deadline: as long as the job is listed on our career page, we are looking for suitable candidates (all genders welcome). We are looking forward to receiving your application.