Sales Representative- New Installation (Houston)
TK Elevator Corporation — Houston, Texas, United States
What we expect
The first 3 letters in workplace safety are Y-O-U!
TK Elevator is currently seeking an experienced Sales Representative - New Installation in Houston, TX
Responsible for successfully bidding and securing modernization contracts and developing and maintaining strong relationships with new and existing customers. This role is essential in ensuring NI/MOD jobs are completed profitably while driving branch annual revenue goals.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Works in coordination with architects, general contractors, TKE operations team, consultants, building managers and/or owners in the pre-bidding of new installation & modernization jobs. Includes building strong customer relationships and maintaining market awareness of projects and competitors.
- Maintains a strong working knowledge of company products by attending training classes, and studying factory equipment manuals and supplier information. Includes developing knowledge of local elevator code requirements.
- Creates quoting and bidding packages by obtaining blueprints, attending job walks and conducting onsite surveys of proposed modernization. Includes, reviewing specs, and labor with operations department for completeness and accuracy, and ensuring that jobs will be profitable for the branch.
- Demonstrates technical knowledge of beneficial NI/MOD features. Determines customer needs and develops sales strategies to communicate new installation & modernization offerings.
- Presents bids to customers and explains cost factors, emphasizing characteristics such as construction, performance, durability and appearance of equipment.
- Partner with operations team to negotiate the Scope of Work (SOW), as well as collaborate with contract administrator, sales support and legal as required.
- Develops capital plans for customers to address their short- and long-term building needs.
- Upon customer’s acceptance, coordinates submittal packages through the approval process and creates change orders as requested.
- Visits project sites and attends customer meetings when necessary and works with operations department to ensure customer’s needs and deadlines are being met.
- Utilizes the Customer Relations Management (CRM) tool to update and manage sales pipeline.
Who we are looking for
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree and 1-2 years of sales experience or training required; for candidates with 3+ years of elevator experience, bachelor's degree preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret architectural and/or blueprint/drawings preferred.
- Experience selling Service/Repair, Construction, and Modernization in elevator strongly preferred.
TK Elevator is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, and veteran status or any other protected status required by applicable law.
Applicants with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation in connection with the application process are encouraged to email us directly at ElevatorJobs.ams@tkelevatoror call 1-844-427-5461.
To apply to a position, please click on the Apply Now button.
For any additional questions or job specific requests, please use the contact
below and include the Job Requisition Number as a reference.
|Experience level:||Experienced professionals|
|Type of contract:||Permanent, Full-time|
|Job field:||Sales, Marketing and Communication|
|Industry:||Engineering & urban mobility|
Application deadline: as long as the job is listed on our career page, we are looking for suitable candidates (all genders welcome). We are looking forward to receiving your application.