Software Engineering Supervisor
TK Elevator Corporation — Atlanta, Georgia, United States
What we expect
The first 3 letters in workplace safety are Y-O-U!
TK Elevator is currently seeking an experienced Software Engineering Supervisor in Atlanta, GA.
This role leads a team of software developers to maintain embedded software for current and legacy products. The position includes overseeing all phases of the software product development lifecycle – defining requirements, design, implementation, testing, validation, and maintenance. It focuses on managing bug resolution, maintaining compliance with building codes, and supporting special projects. Additionally, the supervisor will work directly with the engineering manager, functional leads from product strategy, business leadership, and project management to assess technologies, market requirements, and resources in execution of these activities. Supervising employees and employee development are also requirements of this position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Leads engineering staff and project teams in the execution of product support and development activities.
- Supervises direct reports.
- Supports engineering manager in monitoring of staff performance, creation of individual development plans, conducting regular performance reviews, and supporting career path development
- Ensures team members have a clear understanding of overall project strategy, key business drivers, and project priorities
- Partner with product strategy, manufacturing, and quality assurance to establish performance, safety, cost, and new product quality standards consistent with market needs
- At times, position will require interacting with external & internal customers.
- Ability to work in an environment where tasks and priorities change regularly.
- Drive resolution of issues across multiple teams.
- Work with multiple product lines.
- Continually drive cost reduction initiatives
- Implement software solutions and resolve bugs.
- Work with engineering manager to assess the feasibility, viability, and risks of proposed technical innovations or proposed product features in terms of functionality for new products and improving existing products
- Identify and facilitate solutions to engineering and technical problems
- Ensure design standards and all applicable elements of development processes are applied
- Support the engineering manager in delivery of the engineering budget and reporting against established KPI’s
Who we are looking for
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors of Science degree in Engineering required
- 5+ years experience in a technical product development position
- 1+ years experience managing people, and/or building cohesive teams, and/or acting as a project team lead.
- Experience developing and maintaining embedded software systems (OS, HAL, application, etc).
- Experience coding in C / C++ for embedded systems required.
- Experience defining and working within embedded software development processes.
- Experience working with embedded systems over the full product life cycle (development, manufacturing / sustainment, end-of-life).
- Experience with source control management systems such as Git, Perforce, etc.
- Experience with software ticketing and bug tracking systems, such as Jira, FogBugz, etc.
- Experience with Project Management Professional (PMP) processes highly desired
TK Elevator is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, and veteran status or any other protected status required by applicable law.
Applicants with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation in connection with the application process are encouraged to email us directly at ElevatorJobs.ams@tkelevator or call 1-844-427-5461.
To apply to a position, please click on the Apply Now button.
For any additional questions or job specific requests, please use the contact
below and include the Job Requisition Number as a reference.
|Experience level:||Experienced professionals|
|Type of contract:||Permanent, Full-time|
|Work mode:||On Site|
|Job field:||Engineering and Site Operations|
|Industry:||Engineering & urban mobility|
Application deadline: as long as the job is listed on our career page, we are looking for suitable candidates (all genders welcome). We are looking forward to receiving your application.