Superintendent- Repair (Houston)
TK Elevator Corporation — Houston, Texas, United States
What we expect
The first 3 letters in workplace safety are Y-O-U!
TK Elevator is currently seeking an experienced Superintendent-Repair in Houston, TX
Responsible for assisting with repair operations so that the repair department functions in an efficient and cost -effective manner.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ensures that the branch’s daily repair operations run efficiently and cost effectively. Includes reviewing and performing repair survey requests, ensuring repair booked status, scheduling repairs, completing requisitions for materials, and reviewing manpower needs.
- Fosters a culture of safety. Administers company safety program and training. Includes performing safety audits when necessary and stressing the importance of safety to all employees.
- Participates in weekly repair backlog meetings with Regional repair coordinators to update schedules and system data.
- Supervises repair mechanics and apprentices and performs job site audits. Includes direct involvement in performance management and progressive discipline.
- Uses system reports to monitor repair job status, efficiencies and completion. Reviews repair billable and non-billable reports on a weekly basis.
- Reviews TK Trip reports with mechanics and sales personnel.
- Maintains a strong working knowledge of the overall market area, including sales backlog, service and repair volume and market penetration.
- Maintains strong familiarity of company products by attending company training classes, and reviewing factory equipment updates and supplier goods. Maintains a strong understanding of TK Elevator, and its regional and company mission and objectives, ethical standards and code of conduct.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of all federal, state and local elevator industry code requirements.
- Assists accounts receivable with information regarding the collection of problem accounts.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
Who we are looking for
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Thorough knowledge of the elevator industry and general management skills; or general business knowledge normally acquired though a Bachelor’s degree; or two year’s experience managing on a branch departmental level; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to write reports, contract proposals and business correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management and customers
- Ability to define problems collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form, and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
Requires a valid driver’s license and a satisfactory Motor Vehicles Report.
TK Elevator is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, gender, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, and veteran status or any other protected status required by applicable law.
Applicants with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation in connection with the application process are encouraged to email us directly at ElevatorJobs.ams@tkelevatoror call 1-844-427-5461.
To apply to a position, please click on the Apply Now button.
For any additional questions or job specific requests, please use the contact
below and include the Job Requisition Number as a reference.
|Experience level:||Experienced professionals|
|Type of contract:||Permanent, Full-time|
|Work mode:||On Site|
|Job field:||Engineering and Site Operations|
|Industry:||Engineering & urban mobility|
Application deadline: as long as the job is listed on our career page, we are looking for suitable candidates (all genders welcome). We are looking forward to receiving your application.